Thursday, November 24, 2011

“The Precious Present” – Enjoying the Moment!








Modern living comes with many challenges that can leave us feeling that our lives are in chaos and despair.


And when we do have a moment to reflect on our lives we may become anxious about the future as it all seems so volatile andunpredictable.  Fear grips every decision we make even when it comes to little things.

When we are not worrying about the future we begin to agonise over our past mistakes, decisions and regrets. These feelings leave us emotionally crippled and disabled. But rather than letting these thoughts define who we are – we need to let them refine who we are.

One expert on being peaceful had this to say about anxiety: “So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties”!  (Jesus of Nazareth)
  
Rather than using our time to worry about the future or agonising over the past we need to just embrace today.  
Try to:
Take a ‘moment’ to see the good that you have, the good that you are and the good that you can do.
Take a ‘moment’ to stop and smile at a happy thought, happy face, be friendly and acknowledge your fellow man.
Take a ‘moment’ to enjoy some of the pretty things you have today, flowers, garden, kids, family and friends.
Take a ‘moment’ to make new friends and remember to love old ones.
And who knows the’ moment’ may last an hour, a day, a year or a life time.

This poem was given to me by a special friend who had the courage to enjoy the moment and truly understood what it means.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."  (Mary Jean Iron)

Take time to enjoy the moment, for it is the precious present…just sayin’

No comments:

Post a Comment